Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 2 in Practicum

Well I began this week of teaching very nervous and scared because I have never really had a lot of work with older kids and the stuff I have done I have not really enjoyed all that much. I was very nervous because I was really scared I wasn't going to be able to teach stuff on their level. I was scared I would make stuff to easy and on my lesson today I feel like I did a little bit but going off the math assessment I did with them yesterday I felt it was need although after my lesson today I feel a little bit better about where they stand and how I need to approach them in their learning. I am very excited now and cannot wait to see what the outcome for my students is at the end of the program.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad this is going much better than you expected. Now that you are getting this experience, maybe working with an older group won't cause you too much anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a good job, Lauren! I'm glad things are turning up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that you are expanding your horizons with the older kids! I am sure they appreciate you working with them. Who knows you might want to give up preschool after this experience?

    ReplyDelete